Turkish Music and Voice Library has been established by Mehmet Gokturk
in March 1996 on the Internet. It started with only a national anthem and
couple of folk songs. Now, the total amount of data exceeds 1300 MBytes.
It is a nonprofit library, promoting widespread listening of Turkish
Music all around the World. The language of the site is and will be English
since the worldwide audience is targeted. Turkish Music and Voice Library contains
and will contain multicultural audio as well as Turkish.
Mehmet Gokturk provided the
majority of sound clips initially. Later, other contributors reaching 50% of the
total collection started to send sound files. I (Mehmet) who is taking care of this huge database
thank them for
many times for their kindly contribution. Without them Turkish Music and
Voice Library would not be as popular as it is now. Here are the people
who brought you the Turkish Music and Voice Library:
(in random order)
- Haluk Aydinoglu (GA)
- Umit Sorhan (NJ)
- Sarper Balci ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Caner Yurteri
- Mahmut Izci
- Benan Basoglu (initial contribution for folk )
- Turgay Coruh
- Ilyas Kandemir ( email@example.com )web page
- Alpaslan Firat
- Serkan Sava
- Orhan Gokcol (ITU )
- Emre Ersoz - Berk Imre ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ilkay Saridogan ( Mehmet19@aol.com)
- Haluk L. Aka ( email@example.com )
- Baris Cakan ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Emre Ayyildiz ( email@example.com ) (thanks for 70's pop collection)
- Mehmetcan KArahan ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Mehmet Fatih Tasar ( email@example.com )
- Birkan Ozekan (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Erdal Filiz (email@example.com )
- Celal Isildak (firstname.lastname@example.org) (thanks for folk music songs)
- Talat Solak ( email@example.com )
- Fuad Javadov
- Jalil Choegan ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Hasan Toparlak ( email@example.com )
- Heidi Good (HBGood@aol.com) (An american contributor, thanks a lot!)
- Mithat Daglar (firstname.lastname@example.org) Random Music Player Software
- Ugur Avunca ( email@example.com )
- Turkish Music Club - Ulfet Saricicek
- Coskun Bayazit ( firstname.lastname@example.org - Virginia )
- Mustafa Hos ( California - special thanks for 75 tapes)
- Raziye Kipcakli ( New York - Special thanks for lots of tapes and cd's)
If you want to contribute to this Library, please contact Mehmet Gokturk at
email@example.com before sending anything.
Your help and contribution is very important to the Library.
You will be given a temporary ftp password to upload. So that
I can get them from there and place it on the server.
If you are unable to send audio files but want to see a particular song on the
library, you can mail a copy of cassette as well. Amateur Groups and Singers can have their free homepage
under www.turkishmusic.org if they want to. Thanks all again.
Mehmet Gokturk, Turkish Music and Voice Library Site Owner 1996-99
NOTE: If you want to put any of these files on your homepage, please do not
directly link from our servers. It causes link problems which are generated on the fly.
NOTE: Read the copyright statement of the library on preservation of commercial producers' rights. This Library also encourages all commercial producers for contribution.
NOTE: click on LISTEN ALL
for song groups for stream listening (pgUp-pgDn to choose among songs)
to help Turkish Music ad Voice Library to Survive and be better - try to visit our sponsors
Dost Net Banner Exchange Member
|back to www.turkishmusic.org|